In areas such as material specification, effluent control, quality control analysis, recycling and environmental monitoring, Sheffield Assay Office Analytical Services can provide in-depth Metals and Alloys Analysis, producing an independent report which may be used to support contractual and legal obligations or HSE compliance.
More than 240 years of expertise in metals and alloys analysis as a result of our assay activities, combined with 32 years of continuous UKAS accreditation and the application of ISO standards expertise ensure a thorough and reliable service.
With the use of traditional methods and modern instrumentation including ICP-OES, ICP-MS, Nitrogen Oxygen Analyzer and XRF, precise elemental compositions can be reported tailored to the customer's specific needs.
We are able to report: -
- Individual elements
- Specific suites
- Major constituents (certifying conformity to a manufacturing specification)
- Trace elements/contaminants (where maximum or required addition levels are stipulated)
- Liquid effluent from electroplating plant
- Personal monitoring (airborne dust levels)
- Trace heavy metals
- Alloys containing Copper Tin Zinc Lead Cadmium etc.
- Stainless Steels
- Tool Steels and similar alloys
- Soil and rock analysis, mining and quarrying etc.
This range of services is relevant to the recycling of materials and processing of scrap, for example, the current WEEE/RoHS regulations and the REACH proposals.
Reference should also be made to associated web pages on RoHS, Environmental Analysis and Mercury Screening (UKMSS).
Enquiries and Technical queries -
Telephone: +44 (0)114 231 2121